Oct 10, 2010

My wishlists

Apart of my goal to receive one postcard from each country and one of each Unesco World Heritage Sites, I have a few more lists in mind... For example, I am trying to have one postcard from each greek island and it may seem easy, but -as I recently found out- there are 1400 islands in our little country!
Some other collections I would like to have are:

Seven Wonders of the World

  • Great Pyramid of Giza (Egypt)
  • Hanging Gardens of Babylon (Iraq)
  • Statue of Zeus at Olympia (Greece)
  • Temple of Artemis at Ephesus (Turkey)
  • Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus (Turkey)
  • Colossus of Rhodes (Greece)
  • Lighthouse of Alexandria (Egypt)

Seven Wonders of the Medieval World

  • Stonehenge (United Kingdom)
  • Colosseum (Italy)
  • Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa (Egypt)
  • Great Wall (China)
  • Porcelain Tower of Nanjing (China)
  • Hagia Sophia (Turkey)
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa (Italy)

Seven Natural Wonders of the World


  • Grand Canyon (USA - Arizona)
  • Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
  • Harbor of Rio de Janeiro 
  • Mount Everest (Nepal, China)
  • Aurora 
  • Parícutin volcano (Mexico)
  • Victoria Falls (Zambia)

Seven Natural Wonders of the Underwater World


  • Palau
  • Belize Barrier Reef
  • Great Barrier Reef (Austarlia)
  • Deep-Sea Vents
  • Galápagos Islands (Ecuador)
  • Lake Baikal (Russia)
  • Northern Red Sea 

Seven Wonders of the Industrial World
  • SS Great Eastern
  • Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland)
  • Brooklyn Bridge (USA)
  • London sewerage system (England)
  • First Transcontinental Railroad 
  • Panama Canal
  • Hoover Dam (USA - Arizona)

I know that many of them do not exist, but I guess there are some representation of them! So, those are my lists.. Hope I will complete them soon!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just got back from the Grand Canyon area and would be glad to send you a postcard of the Grand Canyon if you give me an address. If you're interested, you could send me an email via my blog.

    ReplyDelete