May 27, 2017

Glentanner Station | New Zealand


This is a postcard of Glentanner Station, Mountain Cook, Canterbury, Nea Zealand. Glentanner Station is 45,000 acres and carries 9,000 Merino sheep and 230 Red deer. The run was taken up in 1858 by the Dark brothers and extended from Boundary Stream in the south and included the Mount Cook National Park in the north. Two lake raising's and the Department of Conservation grazing policy have meant that Glentanner now runs from Whales Stream in the south to the Mount Cook National Park boundary in the north. Glentanner Station has been run by the Ivey family since 1957. Today, three generations are living on the property.


At the back it reads: 'Your birthday letter came today on my birthday and I want to thank you very much for it and your good wishes. My stay is nearing its end. I will be sad to leave. We have not been to Mountain Cook but I have seen scenes like this. The snowy mountains are so beautiful. I will see you soon. We all send much love, Lisbeth'

The card was sent on 26 August 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment